A Little Deer

3:05 PM

UPDATE: Due to demand, this invitation is now for sale in my Etsy shop called FoxyFeteDesigns. Here is the link: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FoxyFeteDesigns?ref=ss_profile

My dear friend, McKenzie Ashman, had her beautiful baby girl a few weeks ago. Obviously we had to celebrate them and shower them with love and gifts before she popped! We decided on a theme: A Little Deer is Almost Here. She liked pink, but wanted it infused with neutrals, so I designed this invitation. 




I liked the idea of a feminine, woodsy, fairytale feel, so I decorated with a simple lace tablecloth, books as a base, and pink accents. 


The food! The food was so fun to prepare. It was an early afternoon shower, so we settled on Italian food appetizers and salads. Below is the full menu:

Gorgonzola Pear Flatbreads 
Caprese Bites
Spinach Mozzarella 
Fruit Salad
Cranberry Spinach Salad
White Cake with Buttercream Frosting







This cake may not look like much, but it was soooooo dense and tasty. Here’s the recipe I used: http://addapinch.com/the-best-white-cake-recipe/


Confession: I think baby shower games are mostly weird. I mean, eat a candy bar out of a diaper? No thanks. The internet was seriously no help in this area, either. So here are some games and activities I came up with that were non-invasive: 

Which Baby?
I asked Kenzie for a list of funny stories or facts from when Kenzie and Taylor were babies. When I read the fun fact, everyone had to guess if it was Kenzie or Taylor. It was a great way to tell some fun stories and get conversation going. 

Celebrity Baby Name Game
Pretty straightforward, everyone gets a sheet and tries to match up the name of the baby with the parents. I put one fake name in there for fun. Download the sheet and test your skills! 




Encore, Baby! 
This was my twist on the game Encore. You split up into teams, I read a word (relating to babies), and each team has to take turns coming up with songs that have that word in it. Your team has to sing at least 6 words of the song for it to count. For example, if the word was cry, one team could sing, “Cry me a river, oh, cry me a river.” The game is totally collaborative with your team, which proved to be fun for everyone to talk to each other and try to come up with songs. 

Onesie Decorating
I bought a set of iron-on appliqués from Easy and some onesies. I set up the ironing board with the appliqués and let people create onesies for Baby Ashman. The appliqués were so cute, and I got them from the BrikAy Designs shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/BrikayDesigns?ref=l2-shopheader-name. I also had a clothes line attached to the ironing board so each onesie could be displayed. Simple activity that gave an additional gift to the momma-to-be. 



Write a Note
For those late nights when Kenzie is up with the baby, she is equipped with a box full of love notes from her friends and family to remind her how great she is. This was another small filler activity. 


We had a great time celebrating McKenzie and her little babe! Thank you Saudalia for documenting. Check out Saudalia's work: http://saudaliae.blogspot.com/



You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Can you tell me what were all the cues you gave for encore?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Megan! I used cry, baby, smile, girl, love, babe, pink... things like that :) (sorry this reply is late, I just saw the notification!)

      Delete
  2. Do you sell your invite designs? I'm needing one just like this ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kati! Yes, I do sell my invitation designs. I am in the process of getting my Etsy shop set up, so until then, I am just working directly through email. If you'd like to email me, I can give you some pricing and options: afoxyfete@gmail.com. Looking forward to hearing from you!

      Delete
  3. UPDATE: Hey everyone, I have now opened my Etsy shop. It is called A Foxy Fete and you can find this Little Deer invitation along with others. Here's a link: https://www.etsy.com/shop/AFoxyFete?ref=search_shop_redirect

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe