Recipe: Mini Pannenkoeken

1:25 PM


Let me tell you a story of a time when my husband and I expected maybe three people to show up to our house for Sunday morning conference breakfast, and about twelve came. That’s actually the whole story, really, I just had to work really fast to make more food than I thought, but it turned out just fine. More than fine, because I love my house being full of friends. I made mini pannenkoeken (also known as Dutch babies or German pancakes) with an array of toppings. Delish! 


Ingredients:
  • 6 eggs
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • ¼ cup butter, melted
  • 6 tablespoons butter, melted

Mix first five ingredients until smooth.
Pour about 1 tablespoon of melted butter into each jumbo muffin tin slot.
Fill each jumbo muffin slot until about 1/3 or 1/2 full with batter.
Cook for about 10-15 minutes until done. 
Yields 18-24 mini german pancakes. 


Party notes: 
I can eat about 2 of these, but my husband’s hungry man friends ate maybe 5-6 each. 

Definitely use a jumbo muffin tin. I tried in a smaller muffin tin, and those turned out so weird.

You can put basically anything in these little babies. My favorite topping combination was bananas, blackberries, and boysenberry syrup.  

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe